The Museum is located just off Highway 49, four miles downstream from Downieville. If you are traveling East towards Downieville, just after crossing the Goodyear Creek Bridge, turn right onto Mountain House Road, follow it down and across the North Yuba River, up to the stop sign and turn left to the Museum.
Goodyears Bar Schoolhouse Museum came into existence in 2011. The museum Collects, Displays, Preserves, and Interprets Objects and Materials pertinent to an understanding of Sierra County History. Originally a One Room Schoolhouse, it was built by subscription of local materials from Snakes Bar in 1862. Snakes Bar is located between Goodyears Bar and Downieville. This building is the original one room schoolhouse structure that survived the great fire that swept through Goodyears Bar in 1864. Building additions were made in later times. The museum offers a Native Indian Exhibit, a Chinese Exhibit, an Old Schoolhouse Exhibit, a Mining History Exhibit, a Scale Model Gold Mine Exhibit, and a Rock, mineral, and Fossil Exhibit. Artifacts, Instruments, Pictures, and Relics from the History of Sierra County are displayed.